I always thought such post should always wait till the last week of Year 2018. To be written as a form of reflections or reminders.
3 more days to my wonderful 30th perhaps this post will be a prelude to my reborn – Life after 30s.
I guess Year 2018 is indeed a fulfilling year for me. I had went through a roller coaster of emotions, the ups and the downs, the lost and the found. Perhaps I should just highlight some important keynotes.
- The pregnancy – Earlier this year, I begin to sink into the fact that I am pregnant and had to cope with the thought of the terrible four. The painful part is the progress where I reached a point from denial to acceptance on what the future awaits. The pregnancy was indeed a tough one due to complications but I survived through the network of support.
- The baby – 6 years after the birth of Rayshirl, I need to restart the whole engine and this time round, on my own and by myself. Thank you to the friends who stood by me and the encouragements that tied me through the difficult moments. Say Yay to curb Pre/ Post Natal Depressions.
- O-Bye – Tell me about it. The dramas of the bike-sharing companies from the regulators barking on my back (with a pregnant belly) and my personal details released online by raged citizens to the formalization of liquidators. The whole episode set my mind on business management and also, wowed by the fact that I have the experience to validate a company’s lifecycle within a good 15 months.
- Career Options. Offers came by and I was at lost to pick partly due to priorities listed out as I finally antagonized by the fact time with kids are something I do not wish to compromise. This is the part where I am at lost and doing some soul searching. Eventually, I picked something but was it the one?
- Entrepreneurship – I begin to let go on something I had embraced strongly for the past 2 years and went on an unknown pathway.
- Lifestyle – from cars to none and I finally understand that simplicity is the best key to everything. The way of life is be simple and stay humble.
- Friends – I made friends who turned out to teach me various lessons in life. I met alot of Entrepreneurs that set the tone of my mindset on managing people. I had spoke and learned to let go of toxic people within my circle.
- Sharanne – After 2 years of waiting, the transfer to NPS is finally validate and tears wiping on the last day at HIPS taught me that kids are the best investment that I had put in thus far.
- Family. My sister is finally off the shelves and this year I choose to embrace time spent with family over anything else.
- The Choice. I begin to understand that a lifetime is a long time and decide that the choice need to be made instead of just sitting on it and contemplate whether is this the right thing to do. However…
I learned and prayed that Life after 30s for me meant Peace and No Dramas and slowly, finetuned my career and life choices.
I read about how Dragons fared in Year 2019. Sounds like a good year to me. Shall keep my fingers crossed. 🙂